Clean Eating for the Win!
I have been blowing up my instagram with pictures of what I've been eating lately. In a way I guess it keeps me motivated to stay with the healthy eating.. and really, hashtags are just fun. I haven't had fast food in over a month, and I definitely don't miss it at all! I've been trying so many new recipes.. some good, some not so good.. haha! I can tell Hugo is getting sick of all my experiments, but I think it's tons of fun!
I'm going to show you one of my FAVORITES first. It's actually Hugo's new favorite, too. So this was a win win.
*The pictures aren't going to be anything special on this post.. I've just been using my iphone when I sit down to eat.
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or chicken broth to cut the fat) 1 onion, finely chopped 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs OR 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts 2 canned chipotle chili's in adobo sauce, plus two tablespoons adobo sauce - adjust to your liking of spiciness (NOTE: just two individual chili's.. NOT two cans! I almost put two cans in before I re-read the original recipe.. whew, saved me from a horrible night!) 6 cups chicken broth 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro Juice of 2 limes salt and pepper 1 avocado, cut into 12 pieces crushed tortilla chips
1. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, lower the heat to medium and cook until the onion begins to brown, about 7 minutes. Increase the heat to high, push the vegetables to the side of the pan, add the chicken and cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chipotles and adobo sauce, then stir in the chicken broth. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, skimming any foam. Stir in the cilantro and lime juice; season with salt and pepper.
2. Place 2 avocado slices in each of 6 soup bowls and pour in the soup. Top with the tortilla chips.
* another favorite of mine and Hugo's.
* This only takes 15 minutes! SO YUMMY!
INGREDIENTS: 6 tilapia filets (6 oz. each) 4 garlic cloves, crushed. 2 tbsp butter 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice 4 tsp fresh parsley salt and pepper cooking spray
Preheat oven to 400.
Melt butter on a low flame in a small saucepan. Add garlic and saute on low for about 1 minute. Add lemon juice and shut off flame.
Spray the bottom of a baking dish lightly with cooking spray. Place fish on top and season with salt and pepper. Pour the lemon butter mix on top, and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Bake of 400, until cooked, about 15 minutes.
1 1/4 lbs. lean ground turkey 1 teaspoon olive oil (chicken broth to cut the fat) 1 tablespoon garlic powder 1 tablespoon chili powder 1 tablespoon paprika 1 can tomato sauce, low sodium, no sugar added lettuce tomatos onion low fat shredded cheese corn tortillas, flour tortillas, or iceberg lettuce to use as a lettuce wrap! plain non fat greek yogurt (use as sour cream) (optional) guacamole (optional)
1. Cook your meat in a non-stick pan using olive oil or chicken broth.
2. Stir in the spices and tomato sauce once the meat is cooked.
3. Prepare the rest of the ingredients
4. Stuff your tortillas or lettuce wrap, add toppings and enjoy!
* I added some shrimp to make it a filling lunch but it was AWESOME with or without!
5-6 small to medium tomatos 4 small cloves garlic, or 2 big ones Peppers (choose the amount and the type depending on how spicy you want your salsa to be) (I used yellow bell pepper, cause it's what I had on hand) Cilantro (about 1/2 cup chopped, but again, add to your liking) 1 medium red onion
Chop all ingredients and mix together. Voilà!
1 lb. lean ground turkey meat 1 medium red onion 1/2 cup fresh parsley, mined (or whatever fresh herbs you like) 1 tbsp garlic powder 1 tsp salt 1 tsp pepper cheese (optional) guacamole (optional, but you should try it! ;) )
Mix ingredients together, form 4-6 patties. Grill, and add cheese. Then guacamole and whatever other topping you'd like! Enjoy!
* The find the link to the original recipes, click the title of each one!